Updated Thursday July 9, 2015 by Rose Rich Girls Softball Association .
1) WHO SHOULD I CONTACT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS?
Any RRGSA Board member may be contacted via email and/or phone. The contact info can be found under board members.
2) WHAT DOES THE LEAGUE PROVIDE?
The league supplies basic equipment including batting helmets, bats, balls and catcher’s gear however you may choose to purchase these on your own. Included in the registration fee are: uniform, ASA registration, insurance, umpire fees, & basic equipment.
3) WHAT DO I NEED TO PROVIDE?
You will need to provide:
* Softball Glove
* A kid with a desire to learn & play softball.
* A kid wanting to have fun.
4) WHERE, WHEN & WHAT DAYS ARE PRACTICES?
All teams are limited to three (3) commitments per week. Once a season has started, in the spring typically a team will hold 1 practice, 1 weekday game, and 1 Saturday game. During the fall it will be one game and one practice per week. Each game and each practice is considered a commitment. However if a double header is played in any day, that will be considered 1 commitment for the week.
5) WHERE & WHEN DO WE PLAY GAMES?
2100 Collins Road
Richmond, Texas 77406
7) WHAT IF I WANT A REFUND?
Our goal is to be flexible and fair. Any reasonable situation which arises, we will respond to. We ask for you to understand our needs of a time frame wherein we can fairly respond. Once teams have been formed and uniforms ordered, barring highly unusual or unforeseen circumstances, refunds will not be issued.
8) Are there any SPECIAL TRAINING AND/OR CLINICS?
Typically the league will hold a spring softball clinic hosted by some of the high schools in the area. Also periodically the league will team up with someone to hold a skills clinic. Check our website for info on upcoming clinics or camps.
9) HOW CAN I HELP OUT?
There are many ways! Each team needs volunteers and your support is key to ensuring a successful league for the team. Your fees do not pay any salaries – we are all volunteers! Here are positions you may consider: Review and make sure this is applicable to your group…
* Manager: Total administrative and operational responsibility for your team.
* Head Coach or Assistant Coach: Primary role is to teach the girls and assist the Manager
* Team Parent: Administrative right arm of the Manager ensuring that non-operational tasks required are supported and that the league communication loop is open to all parents.
* Chaperone or dugout parent: Assist the Manager in the dugout area during games and be responsible to ensure the welfare of the girls.
* Scorekeeper: Maintain the game records for the team and ensure that the game publicity provides recognition to both individual girls as well as to the team (training available)
* Sponsor: Fundraising for each team is needed to offset the expenses of the program not included in registration fees. You or your company can help by recruiting or being a sponsor.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.
Post a New Comment
Hey!You cannot post a blank comment silly!
Team\League Members must be logged in to view or post comments. Only Members of your Team\League can view and post comments.
Inappropriate comments will be removed by League and Team Managers.
External links are provided for reference purposes. Rose Rich Girls Softball Association is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites.
Copyright Rose Rich Girls Softball Association All rights Reserved.